We really like to have two teachers for each group. While one teaches, the other one can help control, answer questions and just jump in whenever and however needed. Sometimes the two workers split the days of teaching to help ease the work load. Other times it might be good training for someone who would like to start teaching. If teachers are in short supply, there is the option to have one or two people do all the teaching for the different levels. When we’ve done this, we still like to have one or two people in charge of each group, bringing the children around to each “station” and seeking to interact and get to know each child.
One last note, we usually use “A Beka Flash-a-Cards” for our visual aids, as they are fairly inexpensive and are easy for teachers to use. Children also seem to like the pictures. We have listed them as one of our links.
- Lesson 1 ABeka Flash-a-Cards Genesis Series 1 Cards: 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7
- Lesson 2 ABeka Flash-a-Cards Life of Christ Series 3 Cards: 2-1, 2-3
We also printed photos off the internet of the Milky Way Galaxy, the earth in space, etc.
- Lesson 3 ABeka Flash-a-Cards Genesis Series 1 Cards: 1-1, 2-1, 2-3, 2-4, 2-5
Life of Chrsit Series 2 Cards: 3-2, 3-3, 3-4, 3-5
- Lesson 4 ABeka Flash-a-Cards Life of Christ Series 1 Cards: 2-6, 3-3
Life of Christ Series 5 Cards: 5-1, 5-2, 5-3, 6-1, 9-1
- Lesson 5 ABeka Flash-a-Cards Life of Christ Series 5 Cards: 6-2, 6-3, 6-5, 9-1
Our memory verses for the week:
John 1:4 “The Word gave life to everything that was created, and His life brought light to everyone.”
John 1:14 “So the Word became human and made His home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen His glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son.”
K-1 learned John 1:14
2-3 learned John 1:1 and John 1:14
4-6 learned John 1:1, John 1:4, and John 1:14
7-9 learned John 1:1, John 1:3, John 1:4, and John 1:14